A typical day at Karnataka Institute of Cricket, Bangalore as described by Irfan Sait (Director of Cricket) in his own words:
- Five sessions per day – each session is 150 minutes duration start at 6.30 AM, 9.30AM, 1PM, 4Pm & 7 PM (Under Lights)
- Expect about 150 to 200 cricketers each session (A few girls as well)
- Age – 6year olds to the senior cricketers
- Bell goes exactly on time and late comers are not allowed
- Everyone assembles in the hall for a bit of lecture / audio visual session ( approx 20 /25 minutes)
- On to the field – activity commences with a bit of a jog / stretch / warm up
- Nets in smaller groups – 15 nets + 5 nets dedicated to bowling machines
- A simple Gym facility available at the academy.
- We don’t have the FIVE sessions on weekends. The under 10s play some matches at the academy from 11AM until about 2PM
3 PM wicket keeping session with India women’s wicket keeper Karuna Jain. This week ( April 13 & 14th ) Bowling master classes – 4pm to 6pm. Alternatively – on weekends we do Motivational Chats , Sports Psychology or subject wise Master Classes
- Unfortunately, we don’t have a ground big enough for serious fielding practice during the summer as we lose our main ground to a “FAIR” that happens.
- We have four grounds for practice matches – a few miles from the academy. The match grounds have no grass and have MATTING pitches. ( That’s how it goes here in Bangalore.)
- The academy in Mysore has a ground attached