Improvement arrives with focus and clarity from the top. Encouraging to read of the intent by Cricket Australia “there’s a plan to make Australia the best fielding nation in world cricket, and it’s already in effect.”
Full article > http://bit.ly/2jh3QYA
The philosophy and logic is sound and promising. Kudos for shining a spotlight on this skill.
“We all acknowledge that fielding can change a game.”
Apart from all the coaching, mentoring, guidance and instructions to be imparted, to make the strategy a proper reality a sense of measurement is essential.
Neil Buszard, a deeply respected coach, has long championed the desire to bring a form of measurement into reality to uncover a “fielding average” and “impact ratings”. Bringing some simple elements of fielding analysis to the surface will help the knowledge in:
- Properly assess player performance
- Understand the impact of fielding
- Allow the coach to properly focus on development of fielding skills
- Create ability for players to compete between themselves
- Build confidence in player from skill improvements